Over the past 10 years, I’ve been adding loose change, spare cash and savings into a UBank account. I always thought this was the best way to save over the long term. Until the interest rate headed downhill to a miserable 1%. Then I heard about Spaceship Voyager.
Spaceship Voyager is run by the same company that runs Spaceship Super. Started in 2018 Spaceship only invests in technology-related companies mainly in the US. If you like technology, you will like this portfolio as well as the returns.
I decided to invest in the Spaceship Universe Portfolio (Around 30% per annum return on the Spaceship Universe Portfolio.) I deposited a lump sum payment and then soon will add the fortnightly or monthly payments into the account as I do with UBank.
Spaceship Voyager Portfolios
Spaceship Universe Portfolio: Features companies mainly technology from Australia and around the world. Companies include Spotify, Microsoft, Square, Apple, and Tesla. Fees Over $5K = 0.10% PA.
Spaceship Origin Portfolio: World’s largest companies including Apple, Johnson & Johnson, Berkshire Hathaway, Alphabet, and Amazon. Fees Over $5K = 0.05% PA.
Spaceship Earth Portfolio: Companies that have a positive impact on people and the plant. Companies include Atlassian, Shopify, First Solar, Starbucks, and Nvidia. Fees Over $5K = 0.10% PA.
Spaceship Voyager Fees
- $0 – $5K = No Fees.
- Over $5K = 0.10% PA for Spaceship Universe, 0.10% PA for Spaceship Earth and 0.05% PA for Spaceship origin
- The total amount you’d be charged in a calendar year if your balance was $10,000 = $5.00 PA for Spaceship Universe, $5.00 PA for Spaceship Earth and $2.50 PA for Spaceship origin
Some benefits and pros of Spaceship Voyager
- Extremely low fees.
- No transaction fees, No ETF Management Fees
- The app and website are simple to use for beginners
- Easy to set up regular top-ups of your investment
- No minimum investment amount with great returns
- There are only three portfolios to choose from. Simple for beginners.
What I didn’t like about the signup process
- Deposits from your bank into your spaceship account can take up to 48 hours. A little slow. Could be bank dependant.
- I dont like linking my banking login details. This is optional but can take longer to verify your account manually with customer service. You need to send copies of your ID.
$10 $5 in your account – FREE
Get $5 in your account when you enter this code S8ANA2BTXH within 14 days of signing up and invest at least $5 in your chosen portfolio within 90 days of signing up.
Overall I’m happy with Spaceship Voyager. From account creation, reporting and the app, I’ve been able to track my investment, deposit regularly and watch my investments grow. The low fees are a stand out especially for small investors who don’t have disposable income but still want to invest in the market and grow a portfolio. Which such low interest rates from banks, this is a great option to grow your portfolio and invest with your savings.
Read more Technology Reviews here.
** Always check the PDS and make independent financial decisions on your current circumstances. Investing carries a risk. Details can be found on the Spaceship Voyager website including all fees, portfolios and terms.